Bring your passion and sleeves-up attitude to Mary Baldwin’s MBA. Want to create a hyper-focused path to a new job? Or launch a new venture? With our customizable MBA, the choice is yours. Whatever course of study you choose, you’ll develop fundamental, in-demand skills like corporate leadership, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and effective decision-making.
MBU’s MBA is offered 100% online, with classes starting every eight weeks.
Choose MBU for Your MBA
We meet students where they are — with or without a business degree — and prepare them to meet the needs of tomorrow today. Our curriculum provides a strong foundation of business leadership and the flexibility to pursue the subjects you care about most. Plus, as part of your regular coursework, you’ll earn badges and certificates that increase your value to employers before you’ve even finished the MBA@MBU.
MBU’s future-forward faculty are more than instructors: they’re mentors with real-world experience dedicated to your success. Paired with personalized advising and a low student-to-professor ratio, you’ll find yourself on the fast track to realizing your career goals and a life of purpose.
Apply now – our admissions process is streamlined to support busy professionals, including no GMAT or GRE and no application fee.
“Given these uncertain times, there will likely be a permanent shift in how many industries do business. Adapting and exploring new paths of how to do business will be critical to survival. The MBA@MBU provides the tool kit needed to be able to assess situations and find smart solutions to move forward.”Rachel Laux, MBA ‘19
Financial, Planning, and Analysis Lead, Leidos
Cost and Financial Aid
An MBA is one of the best investments you can make in yourself. MBU’s seasoned financial aid experts will help you navigate the process of funding your degree so you can stay focused on your future. And if you’re an MBU graduate, let us know: all MBU alumni receive a discount upfront.
What you’ll learn at Mary Balwin
The MBA@MBU comprises six core business courses typically completed in the first year of study, followed by another six classes that allow students to focus on their unique areas of interest. All coursework is self-paced, though classes typically meet for one guest speaker and/or discussion session per term.
Business core curriculum (18 credits)
- Business Communication
- Managing and Leading Others
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Strategic Planning and Process Improvement
Strategic concentration coursework (15 credits)
Students complete five courses in one of four concentration offerings:
- Strategic Management – Providing internal strategic management or external consulting on ways to improve operations through systems or organizational change across industries and business environments
- Healthcare Administration – Delivering knowledge on efficient and effective management for the delivery of health sector and medical services
- Non-profit Management – Focusing on developing a strategic plan for the organization to build productive revenue streams, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach
- Sustainable Enterprise – Targeting business planning to launch a new social or environmentally-focused business
Apex project (3 Credits)
- A culminating individual project that draws upon everything students have learned so far and prepares them for their desired career path.
All MBA@MBU students develop an ePortfolio as part of their coursework to showcase their work product and skills. Seventy-nine percent of the business executives and eighty-one percent of the hiring managers reported in a recent survey that the ePortfolio is useful when evaluating prospective employees because it provides key evidence of their ability to apply real-world skills.