At Mary Baldwin, psychology students learn to develop and apply a scientific understanding of mind and behavior. Through hands-on research and opportunities, students develop critical thinking, analyzing, and oral communication skills — highly sought after in all aspects of work and life. The major prepares students for a variety of professions and graduate work. Get your psychology degree entirely online at Mary Baldwin University
Choose a Mary Baldwin psychology degree
Collect, analyze, and interpret your data as an undergraduate researcher while earning a bachelor of arts or a bachelor of science in psychology, perennially one of the most popular majors at MBU.
- Psychology is a flexible discipline, bridging the social and natural sciences
- At Mary Baldwin, students have the opportunity to collect, analyze, and interpret their data — hands-on lab work almost unheard of for most undergraduates
- Psychology moves students to a purposeful place after college, equipping them to be successful in both graduate school and the working world
- Psychology majors may leave having conducted their research project, prepared a manuscript of their findings, and presented it publicly — this level of hands-on practice leaves students prepared and confident for when they enter the workforce
- Skills honed in the discipline (thinking critically, analyzing information, communicating orally) are useful in all aspects of work and life
- Graduates report that the intensity of the senior thesis, and the prep work required for the thesis, have proven invaluable in their careers
Pursue a BA or a BS with a major in psychology. Psychology also is available as a minor or post-baccalaureate certificate.
Cost and Financial Aid
A great education is worth it. Here’s how Mary Baldwin helps you pay for it: Generous financial aid packages, a broad range of scholarships, transferring maximum credit hours from previous coursework or relevant work and life experiences — the list goes on. Our mission is to help you level-up and bring your aspirations to life.