Mary Baldwin’s history degree can be completed fully online! Our faculty of enthusiastic historians provides a broad but disciplined understanding of American, British, African American, and European history. As active scholars, our history faculty emphasize writing well, primary source research, and personal contact. The curriculum offers both concentrations in broad areas of history and specialized focus through colloquia on unique topics such as Jamestown and the Atlantic World and Lewis and Clark.
Classes range from basic survey courses to unique offerings such as Twentieth-Century Europe, where European culture is studied through film.
An online history degree from Mary Baldwin
Why study history online at Mary Baldwin University? Our students learn:
- to develop an understanding of history as a discipline and the historical method
- to cultivate general historical knowledge and an understanding of historical time, change, perspective, context, and judgment
- to develop written and oral skills in communicating historical concepts
- to foster an appreciation of the use of history as a structure for integrating knowledge from other areas of the curriculum
- to develop skills in using and conducting research in primary and secondary sources
- to foster an interest in foreign studies and other cultures
- to have an awareness of career opportunities and graduate study in the fields of teaching, archives, museum studies, historic preservation, and public history
- to understand the ethical issues involved in historical research and writing
Cost and Financial Aid
A great education is worth it. Here’s how Mary Baldwin helps you pay for it: Generous financial aid packages, a broad range of scholarships, transferring maximum credit hours from previous coursework or relevant work and life experiences — the list goes on. Our mission is to help you level up and bring your aspirations to life.