Mary Baldwin University’s HCA program is the only endowed undergraduate program in the United States. Talented, experienced faculty lead HCA coursework and offer great networking opportunities. You already have a passion for helping others. Choose to major in Healthcare Administration (HCA) and prepare to become a leader of healthcare programs and organizations.
Get your bachelor’s and an MCA in just five years
MBU’s 4+1 pathway allows you to move seamlessly into the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program once you meet the requirements. Talk to your advisor as soon as possible to begin planning your academic path, and apply once you reach junior status.
Why study Healthcare Administration at MBU?
- only endowed undergraduate program of its type in the United States and Canada
- an active student club for individuals interested in healthcare issues
- a great variety in faculty (healthcare administration, political science, economics, business administration, sociology, strategic leadership, anthropology, biology), all well trained with a high level of experience in their respective fields
- maintains an interdisciplinary nature while still having a “home” of its own
- combines the best of a fine liberal arts education with a professional course of study and a hands-on internship
- strong and varied interdisciplinary curriculum with courses in healthcare administration, business administration, sociology, and anthropology — cross-listed HCA courses with political science, philosophy, biology, and economics
- courses stress the development of analytical and problem-solving skills as well as research, oral, computational, and written skills
- in-depth coverage of healthcare issues, policies, practices, settings, and those who deliver and manage the care
- camaraderie with others with a passion for helping others and service to the community
Cost and Financial Aid
Several scholarships apply only to the Healthcare Administration Program.
- Carpenter Scholarships: $10,000 is awarded annually to healthcare administration majors based on academic merit and financial need. These are usually given in $2,000 amounts.
- Wilkinson – Carpenter Scholarship: This $1,500 scholarship was established in 1999 in memory of Sue Wilkinson, R.N. It is intended to be a source of financial assistance for a selected healthcare administration major from either the undergraduate residential program or MBU Online.
Talk to an Admissions counselor for more information.