Apply for Financial Aid
It’s always best to apply for aid as soon as you can because you may be eligible for aid programs with limited funds. The process starts with filling out your Free Application for Student Financial Aid, or FAFSA. We recommend filing your FAFSA at least six weeks prior to the start of the semester to ensure timely delivery of funds. MBU’s code is #003723.
How to apply
- Fill out the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) with the U.S. Department of Education.
Make sure to submit your FAFSA before the June 30 deadline. Keep your account details safe because you’ll need them when you apply for financial aid each year.
- The FAFSA requests tax information from the prior-prior tax year. If your or your family’s circumstances have changed since then, you may contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-887-7022). We will review special or unusual circumstances that have impacted your family’s income. A Change of Income form will be sent to you to complete with your family. The outcome of the review will be communicated to you within a week of submitting all requested documentation.
- If you have special or unusual circumstances regarding your dependency status for the FAFSA, you may contact our office (email@example.com or 540-887-7022). We will request documentation to support your circumstances, and the outcome of the review will be communicated to you within a week of submitting all requested documentation.
- Receive your financial aid award package from MBU Online’s Financial Aid office.
When we receive your FAFSA, we will send an email with access and login information to our financial aid portal where you can review what types and how much financial aid you are eligible to receive. Once you are in the financial aid portal, choose the “accept awards” option to view the financial aid offered to you. Please note that most financial aid is awarded on a full-time basis, and will adjust after the add-drop period.
- Submit your paperwork to MBU Online’s Financial Aid office.
To get your financial aid award, complete all paperwork requested as well as electronic processes indicated in the financial aid portal. To view what is needed, choose “documents and messages” in the financial aid portal menu option.
Have questions? We’re happy to help.